View Single Post
Old
04-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Judge Sauer*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CastroLeRobot View Post
The only crime Guy may have committed was lying to protect his son. I know parents who would do much much more. Anything related to driving, knowing about or being an accomplice is just interpretation, and is totally unprovable. As such, issuing an arrest warrant for this kind of crime is over kill and irrational. That's all I'm saying. Everyone knew Lafleurs son was wacko, everyone knew Guy Lafleur had to deal with his son's stupid actions, but somehow, the police made it ABOUT GUY LAFLEUR. Not his son. THAT IS NOT FAIR.

If I was the father of the 16 year old girl, I might (depending on the circumstances), again, I MIGHT, pursue a lawsuit on the son. But not on the father. One second you say the son is 22 and is totally responsible for his actions, and then you say Guy is responsible for driving him. Doesn't make sens.

Again, I'm not condoning the way he deals with his son. IT JUST AIN'T CRIMINAL. THAT'S ALL I'M SAYING
The media made it about Guy, not the police. The police aren't the ones posting the news online or in papers. They didn't go out of their way to make it public knowledge or take him in and do a perp walk.
Guy's son is responsible for his actions. Guy brought his son to go see a minor, I never said that Guy made his son do what he did, but Guy knew what was going to happen. You have to stop putting words in my mouth.
If you steal an apple from the grocery store and hide the apple in my pocket when we get outside 'til we got a block away, I broke the law as well. If your driving while I'm the passenger and drive into a parked car causing damage to the other vehicle and we drive off, I could be an accessory to a hit and run.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote