View Single Post
Old
05-07-2004, 06:02 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk
Improvement and stock is not only measured in numbers...After he was drafted, all the slams against Jessiman were for his defense and not being physical enough. By everything I've read, he has improved in those areas...And, yeah, it's disappointing that his PPG totals went down, but that's what happens when you go from being an unknown to somebody that the opposing team gears up for in their defense with schemes and double/triple teaming...The real test will be this coming year to see if the young kid can adjust to being the marked man...I think he will because he is not only a "skilled " player but also a smart one that has alot of power...When he puts it all together consistently, he will be a sight to see...All that being said, I still put him at #4 right now because of what I have seen out of Balej and Tjutin in the NHL and I think Lundqvist is going to be a super NHL goalie....

I'll correct myself and say that a skilled players progress for the most part is measured on how many points he puts up. Bottom line is that if Jessiman does not stand out in the ECAC then don't expect him to be anything special at the NHL level.