Thread: The Beer Thread
View Single Post
Old
04-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Clarence Beeks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockEllisExperience View Post
Also, Troegs Nugget Nectar is probably my favorite beer maybe ever that I guarantee you will enjoy Beeks.

Love the "south" comment for FLA... haha. People tend not to appreciate beer a whole lot in the South. Just my impressions from the Charleston, SC area and knowing a lot of people from school from the South.
Yes, the "south" tends to have quite an affinity for Bud Light and Busch. Although those do have a place; just not a place in my refrigerator. I'm surprised you say that about Charleston though. I spent several weeks there on business a couple of years ago and found some pretty good beer bars there. Maybe things have changed. But yes, in general, every bar down is considered a good beer bar essentially if they sell Sam Adams. It's really quite sad. The one place that I found that sells all the different bottles is like crack for me. I love that place. It reminds me a lot of the place I used to go in Regent Square when we lived in Pittsburgh called D's Six Packs & Dogz (http://www.regentsquare.net/ds6pax.html) (they had about 900 bottles if I remember correctly). That place was awesome because it was actually a bar, so you could try all of their deliciously awesome beers and eat (the place down here is just a store). It was great.

I love this topic. Thanks for the heads up on the Troegs, I'll have to try that the next time I go to the store.