View Single Post
Old
04-03-2008, 07:02 AM
Georgia Panther

vCash: 500
Jokinen Wants To Stay, Willing To Give Up Captaincy

"No one questions Jokinen's accountability. Some question his leadership. It's his fourth season as captain. There is speculation whether the captaincy will, or should, remain his. If it's taken away, Jokinen said he'd be OK.

"Absolutely. Absolutely," he said. "It's coach's decision and management's decision who is captain.

"If there's somebody else who's capable of doing a better job, then I don't have any issues giving it to somebody else.""

Potvin thinks the Panthers will find it hard to find a Captain to replace Jokinen on the present roster.

"Panthers television analyst Denis Potvin, a Hall of Fame defenseman and former NHL captain, said Jokinen has probably felt the same disappointment he has.

"As tough as the role of captain is, I think Olli has had it tougher than most because he has been alone. It doesn't appear as if anybody else wants to step up and say, 'OK, I want to take responsibility,'" Potvin said, noting Stephen Weiss showed a little leadership. "Other people have to come up with leadership qualities. I know, having been a captain for 10 years, you're not the only leader on the team. There's no way."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/h...,3758991.story

Georgia Panther is offline   Reply With Quote