View Single Post
Old
04-03-2008, 12:10 PM
SuddentheSwede

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acadmus View Post
Nobody on the team will step up to lead because they feel uncomfortable stepping on Olli's toes.

Bringing someone from outside to lead would take a rare talent - Joe Nieuwendyk had the respect to have done it, but didn't. But usually a guy goes to a new team he isn't comfortable becoming their captain right away.

Too bad Drury's not available.

As for who has shown leadership on the team and could be a good captain, there's several: Weiss, Booth, and Montador. Campbell shows flashes of ability to take charge once in a while but not consistently (ok, not even often). I'd say Monty could be a captain out of those guys.

Don't know what UFAs are out there that could be - I won't mention Sundin since - *ahem* - when was the last time the Leafs managed to accomplish much of anything? He's a talent upgrade on Olli, but I have to wonder about his leadership as well. Seems to me the Leafs are a team that perennially underachieves.

Well it's defenintly not Sundin's fault. He's consistantly through his tenure in TML been their MVP. He's nicknamed "Captain Clutch" for a reason.

SuddentheSwede is offline   Reply With Quote