View Single Post
Old
04-05-2008, 01:10 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I was extremely dissapointed that the Habs didn't seem to be interested in Stefano Giliati....imagine my dissapointment when I learned that the kid was signed by the Leafs....I really don't see how this kid won't make an NHL'er. Late bloomer who started to add grit, and good overall hockey sense to the package that he already brings. Great speed, good knack for scoring, drives the net like crazy, might not turn out as a great top 6 but most definately a good 2-way on a 3rd line at the very least.

I really think it's a big steal for them.

Was Trotter really the most interesting guy we could get? The way Lever talks about him doesn't make me believe he'll be a great asset....or it's just Lever being Lever....

Anybody else you wish we could get before the others?
Anybody else that was already picked you think would have been great?

I know that I really wish we would sign Blanchard, the big Rimouski goalie.

I wanted Michael Lee Teslak but the flyers got him, imo we sorely need to improve our depth in nets as I have no faith in Danis as he's just been so inconsistent and he might leave as a UFA anyways. Desjardins i really don't know how he will handle the ahl, so far in limited time he hasn't been too impressive imo but perhaps with more time he will turn into a solid goalie. Lacasse I still don't know how he got a contract. It's funny cause I was pushing for us to sign Danis when he was at Brown and he did look really good in his rookie year but the last 3 years have been up and down for him.

Trotter I thought was a good gamble to take, as he is skilled with the puck, and if he gets stronger and quicker, then he might turn into something decent for us, but it's a small risk to take.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote