View Single Post
Old
04-05-2008, 10:16 PM
les3couleurs

vCash: 500
My take from section 309

There was a stupid Leafs fan a couple of rows behind me who kept saying how the Habs didn't look like a Stanley Cup contender tonight and he couldn't have been more wrong.

Our fourth line cycled the puck like they were three Sedins out there. Really encouraging as we go into the playoffs. The Bs defence won't know what is going on.

Higgins was dynamite, he seems to have an extra gear when we play Toronto in the season closer. By far the first star, tonight. He was spectacular. If he can play like this in the playoffs, he can his own line and Koivu can have his when he comes back, so that we have three lines with offensive weapons.

O'Byrne's most physical game with real solid hits. He's getting better and better. I wasn't sure he'd be good enough to play in the postseason, but i have no doubts now. He did go on Bell late on the Leafs goal, but it happens.

Brisebois played solid enough again. It's always an adventure when he has to play along the boards, but the effort is there and he isn't beaten too clean. Playing with Hamrlik is probably necessary for him to not be detrimental to our defensive zone play. He is still very good at getting the puck out of the zone, even he has to take the check.

Gorges Even if Streit had two points, Josh should have had a star before him. Jumped into the play all night long, especially in the 3rd. It looked like the guys were looking for him to give his 1st as a Canadien. He could have had it with a bit of luck.

Tonight looked so easy for Price. There is no way the B's will beat him enough to get us out in the first round. It takes perfect shots or deflections to go past him at the moment.

Stewart! Talk about coming from nowhere to impress. I'd never really noticed him and I have been to a lot of preseason games. He looked like he belonged though we did face a semi-NHL team. He skated with Dandenault and Lapierre all night long and they are two of our fastest guys (we have a lot of them). Was in on a lot of chances. Stood up to peabrain McCabe. This game should give him the chance to become a black ace and you never know. The Ducks had lots of players come from their AHL team see icetime during the playoffs.

Plekanec missed a couple of open nets from the slot. The passing on the first PP unit is the best in the league. I don't think it can be argued.

Bring on Boston. Habs in 5.

les3couleurs is offline   Reply With Quote