View Single Post
Old
04-06-2008, 09:32 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 500
(1) Montreal VS. (8) Boston
I want Boston to win because I absolutely despise Montreal's fans and the way they play, but I think the Habs are going to take this series in 5 or 6.

(2) Pittsburgh VS. (7) Ottawa
I think Pittsburgh could have this easily in a sweep or in 5 with Ottawa's recent downfall.

(3) Washington VS. (6) Philadelphia
My Pick: I'd love to see the Capitals win this series because I'm rooting for them to go to the Cup in the East and I hate the Flyers, but I think it's going to be a close one that may go to 7 games. I'm still going with the Caps.

(4) New Jersey VS. (5) New York Rangers
This was a tough one also, but since the Devils swept them last season in the 2nd round and seem to be the better team most of the time when these two meet up, I'm going with NJ.

Western Conference

(1) Detroit VS. (8) Nashville
I feel bad for the Predators since they've had to face the Red Wings I believe three years in a row to start off. I'd love to see Nashville take this one bearing a miracle, but I see Detroit winning this in 5 or 6.

(2) San Jose VS. (7) Calgary
I'd like to see Calgary win this, but with the recent huge surge of San Jose, I see them winning this in 6. I think Calgary "may" surprise though.

(3) Minnesota Vs. (6) Colorado
This may be another tough series to choose, and both sides have a lot of positives in many areas, but since I'm rooting for the Avs to go all the way, I'm going with Colorado to win the series in 6 or 7.

(4) Anaheim VS. (5) Dallas
I think this will be more lopsided than most think. The Ducks are obviously the defending Stanley Cup Champions, and I think if Selanne and Niedermayer were on the roster from the start, they may have beat out San Jose for the division lead. At least this series should be halfway exciting unlike last season against Vancouver since they both play a very physical game. Then, on the other side, Dallas has been dreadful in the playoffs over the past seven or eight years, so I'm going with Anaheim in 5.

Last edited by FlaPnthrsPunk: 04-06-2008 at 09:52 PM.
FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote