Thread: ATD #9, Part 4
View Single Post
Old
04-07-2008, 08:50 AM
Sens Rule

vCash: 500
No one PMed me.. can I have the Dallas Freeze's first overall pick?

Seriously I was sleeping... hopefully I have not been holding this up for almost six hours.

The Ottawa Silver Seven are pleased to select their starting goalie... a sure to be somewhat controversial pick. Tom Barrasso.

I am picking Barrasso because he is a good regular season goalie... and a money playoff goalie that has won 2 Cups... but also becuase he is perhaps the best puckhandling goalie of all time... The all time leader in assists for a goalie he could move the puck to his D-Man or even thread the puck to forwards darting out of the zone. Since a large part of my strategy is to move the puck out of the defensive zone quickly he is the ideal goalie for my team.

Barrasso is probably one day going to make the HHOF even if it takes quite awhile. He has a First All-Star Team nod... 2 Second Team All-Star nods and a Vezina a Jennings, lead the NHL in Wins, shutouts, goals against average and the playoffs in Avg as well.

A 19 year career though limited by injuries later on, 369 wins and another 61 playoff wins and a fiery competitior, a stickhandling and puck moving marvel.