View Single Post
Old
05-10-2004, 09:18 AM
Jasper17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubera55
Speculation only. But it seems amply supported by Holik's repeated trashing of the organization in the press, and Sather's treatment of the $9 million man on the ice while he was coach. (Slashing his ice time, limiting his PP time, refusing to line-match with him, etc.)

As for Holik being bought out, I think it's highly unlikely. The Rangers would lose him entirely and be forced to pay him millions, only to watch him resign (probably) with the Devils. Cablevision is not going to do that. I think the most likely scenario has the Rangers waiting a year or so and then trading him while eating a portion of his salary. If the Rangers eat 2-4 million a season, his contract comes much more in line with his production, and teams will bid for him.
I think they would have to eat more like 5 or 6 million dollars before they could trade Holik. 9 million dollars for a 3rd line is crazy, granted he was prob the best 3rd line center in the NHL but that is what he is. And I can't imagine any team paying him more than 4 million a year.