View Single Post
Old
04-08-2008, 02:05 PM
frito

vCash: 500
You do see a bit more while on the blue line. I am basically an utility player, i bounce between forward and D as needed. You can really use your vision from the blue line to be vocal and guide your forwards to good scoring chances. Make sure you "flex" well with your partner. In other words, if your partner is pinching or trying to hold the line as the play is coming up his board, it is your job to flex back and prevent a breakaway chance.

In the defensive zone, think about what you'd be trying to do as a forward and then watch for the other team atempting that. On my daughter's peewee team this year, we focused on the "weasel", that coniving, onory, weasly little forward that alsways manages to sneak around the offensive zone and then wind up uncovered in a prime scoring spot in the slot or just to the weak side. Keep you head on a swivel and look for that guy. He'll be the one to burn you every time. Just remember, if you aren't on somebody then that means somebody is not covered.

Also maintain good communication with your D partenr and your center. Both you and your D partner shouldn't go off into the corner and leave the front of the net uncovered. One hit the corners or behind the net and one stay planted firmly in front of the net to cover the frementioned weasel.

Good luck.

frito is offline   Reply With Quote