View Single Post
Old
04-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Pukboy5kroner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haj View Post
As good as Campbell is on offense, he is not as good defensively as Bouwmeester. Ideally, you would have both. But I would prefer Bouw meester. Because of his speed,positioning, and reach he is more suited to defending players like Kovalchuk and Ovechkin. I also think he is rounding out offensively 15 goals, 37 pts is nothing to sneer at. His average time on ice has increased every year. If he is traded, I am pretty much calling it quits as a Panther fan. Trading the best player in a deal almost never works out.
I have to agree with you Haj. Campbell doesn't replace Bouwmeester at all. We lose our best defensive player in Bouwmeester, who also has a pretty good offensive game, and replace him with a somewhat one-dimensional offensive d-man. I see a lot of the same problems in Campbell's defensive game as Ozo had in Florida: he panics and makes bad decisions in his own end. Although he is a lot faster than an aging Ozolinsh. I'm not saying he's a bad player, he just doesn't fill the whole that would be left by letting Jay go, and I doubt JM could get him to sign down here anyway.

Pukboy5kroner is offline   Reply With Quote