View Single Post
Old
04-10-2008, 10:05 PM
Laus723
Future Now

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersRule96 View Post
Matthias is not the answer! If he makes the team, it should be on the 3rd line to start and then let him work his way up with his play. Olesz, JOkinen and Matthias on the first line sets us up for failure and sets Matthias up for failure as well. Olesz isn't really ready for a 1st line spot unless there's another legit winger on that line with Olli. We need to sign someone who can make plays and play physical to put out there and make room for Olli, just as Roberts did a couple years ago. We can't throw Matthias to the wolves all of a sudden and expect the team to do well. Maybe in 3 years he can be on our top line, but people project him to be a good 2nd line player. Not to many people are saying he's a future 1st liner, but who knows, he could prove us all wrong, or he could end up just being a mediocre 3rd liner. Regardless, throwing him on the first line to start the year won't help anyone.
Last thing I want is our kids thrown to the wolves, but I certainly don't want Matthias sitting on the 3rd line when he could play in the minors (or is it still juniors) and get top line minutes. He's here to play that role, but I do think he needs to earn a spot, not just have it handed to him. First I've heard of im not being a top liner.

He played well with Olli in his time up, looked pretty good, too. Let him earn it, if he does, so be it.