View Single Post
Old
05-11-2004, 01:22 PM
Barnaby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
And the best thing that could happen to Jason--and the Rangers--is that he's traded to an organization that will give him the chance to prove that this year is not his best year and that he can build on it to something better.

People talk all the time here about potential and very simply Lundqvist has the potential to be a starting goaltender in the NHL in the very near future. Blackburn--assuming he overcomes his physical setback--also has that potential. LaBarbera has come further than most people thought possible, but hasn't shown that potential to this point. This organization needs to make sure that Lundqvist and Blackburn are given every opportunity to develop their potential. Playing behind Jason LaBarbera is NOT the way to develop that potential.
I agree 100 percent. I like Labarbera, but he doesn't seem to have the potential of Blackburn or Lundvquist. I think it would be downright foolish to sit one of those guys on the bench while LaBarbera plays 60 plus games for the Pack. Likewise, I dont think its fair to let him rot, so the best case scenario is probably moving him to a team where he could play. If he can make the jump to NHL back-up then you can consider keeping him, but you can't sit two possible potential #1's for a guy who could be a solid back-up.