View Single Post
Old
04-11-2008, 12:34 PM
zeroG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
The Florida Panthers board is split in two, those who love Martin, and those who dislike Martin

The fundamental reason why didn't make the post season is an overall lack of talent on our roster. Not enough Top 6 forwards, and perhaps a lack of one more skilled Dman. All the other reasons contribute, and have some validity to them, but the lack of talent culminated in us missing the PO. Martin contributed to us missing, but it isn't entirely his fault.

It seems this topic just evolves into a new thread every hour, with no progress in people realizing anything new.
i don't think that's a very fair characterization, though i do agree that little progress is made. i'd like to think those of us who support JM are taking a longer look at the organization's retooling. i agree (so does JM, btw) with your assessment of the team but it begs the question(s) - how do you address those needs? and can you do it all at once? and if not (or if it isn't prudent to try) how do you get from point A to point B?

we are in between A and B right now. it seems some are trying to step back and see that there is movement towards B and others are on the ground and want to at B right now. both are legitimate perspectives but they have to be balanced. imo, that's what JM was trying to do. he might've chosen a different player or three to help get us there this past off-season but he did not wreck what looks like the makings of good group of top 6 forwards for years to come. it's a tradeoff. it almost worked. perhaps someone else instead of dvo or mclean or zednik might've made the difference. that's where JM is most open to criticism. i'm just choosing to look at the overall progress and say "we'll get there - i'll give him a little more time".

i won't comment too much on some of those who are in the "on the ground" group because, as i said, it's a legitimate perspective. suffice it to say, though, that some are reasonable, intelligent posters and others are sorely lacking in both qualities.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote