View Single Post
Old
05-12-2004, 11:30 AM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Same thing as I posted in the other thread, but a little more relevant now

How does Liffiton just manage to get forgotten about? He is a 19 year old, 2nd round pick by a org that knows what they are doing (Colarado) in what was a very deep draft. He plays a stay-at-home style that we crave. His skating is not horrible (for a stay-at home type). He is a very physical player. I think that he may be a better prospect than even Murray. Dawes is a long-shot, IMO. I love his speed and spunk, but his size is a VERY BIG issue. For all the accolades that players like St. Louis and Gionta get, there are just not that many Mighty Mites that make in in the NHL. Dawes does have talent and LOTS of speed, but is that going to translate into the NHL? We'll have to see. I certainly hope so.
Liffiton, on the other hand, has good size and is more than willing to use it. Dawes may have more talent, but I think that Liffiton is the more likely to make it in the NHL. For those of you that like Jake Taylor, how can you not like Liffiton? He is every bit as physical, though not as nasty, and is a better skater. I think that Liffiton will make Ranger fans very happy in the future.
I actually don't know if Garth Murray is a better prospect than Liffiton.