View Single Post
Old
05-12-2004, 02:27 PM
Jasper17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard_Lad
Actually, I'm not at all sold on Guard making it to the NHL, but even behind the best defensive team you don't wind up with a 1.56 GAA without having some skills.

I'm just curious as to how somebody in Maryland knows enough about a WHL goalie to determine whether or not he's got NHL potential.
Believe it or not we here in Maryland have TV's, Phones and even the Internet. So not only can we see hockey games but we can even read profiles and updates on every player in the WHL. Were almost as cool as Calgary .

Hey, i was asked to go on record and i did. My guess is as good as any but I can't imagine this guy ever playing in the NHL. There are a lot of guys who do very well in the WHL and don't have NHL careers.

There is a reason why no team wanted to waiste a pick on this guy. And I know that there are players that make the NHL and have become stars in the NHL who went undrafted. But its not like that happens often. I just don't think this guy has enough talent to be an NHL goaltender, even as a backup.