View Single Post
Old
05-12-2004, 05:04 PM
E-Train

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
There are 2 main differences between the 2, IMO. Both are physical and both are more than willing to drop the gloves, but Taylor is just plain NASTY to play against. Liffiton, on the other hand, is the better skater and makes a much better break-out pass. Taylor makes life miserable for other teams forwards in front of his own net becuase is just that nasty, borderline dirty. Liffiton, while just as physical, is not as nasty and is not dirty, IMO. However, again, his skating is much better than Taylor's is. Taylor' skating may be the one thing that prevents him from making it to the NHL. Liffiton does not face the same problem.

I know what you're saying but have you seen both of them play? I saw Taylor in those two playoff games on MSG and have never seen Liffiton, clearly not enough to project futures for either of them. I can only go on the reports about Liffiton that you are describing. IMO Taylor's skating was not bad, certainly no worse than Purinton or Cairns. Don't get me wrong I am very excited that the Rangers have a prospect of Liffiton's overall package but I am still not discounting Taylor because he was a 6th round pick. Park #2 & Reveille have good things to say about Taylor and thats good enough for me. Most of us here will never have the prospect knowledge that those guys & Edge do, so I value their opinions.