View Single Post
Old
04-13-2008, 10:36 PM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
Lets not go that route. MacLean was not that good in Columbus at either position, so why bring him here, because he was our past coach? No thanks. Id rather go with someone who has a pretty good resume (Hartley) or someone who is widely recognized as being a possible up and coming coach (Cunneyworth). Maybe you can bring someone in (Murphy) to serve as an assistant coach.
MacLean was a great coach, and he was fired prematurely, we all know that. There are others I would like to see come here before him, but if he was hired I definitely wouldn't mind that. I'm not one for sentimental attachments to former employees of the organization, but this has nothing to do with that. It has solely to do with the fact that he was a great head coach before in this league. One thing MacLean has over Cunneyworth is experience. We can speculate all we want about how Cunneyworth might be a great NHL head coach, but the fact is we don't know that for sure. I'd actually rather we give Cunneyworth a try, but just because someone is recognized as a top coaching "prospect", doesn't mean he is automatically going to make a good NHL coach.

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote