View Single Post
Old
04-13-2008, 11:06 PM
mikefavata
A.I.M.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.canada.com/edmontonjournal/news/sports/story.html?id=99862ee3-0739-4c03-aa4b-684e5ed5252c
WASHINGTON, D.C. Bobby Clarke isn't going to take out an ad in the Hockey News: Former general manager, only 58 years old, looking to get back in the business, will send references.

That's not his style.

"I don't think I've ever been a person who sold himself ... I couldn't operate that way," said the longtime Philadelphia Flyers GM who mutually left his job 18 months ago after 16 years in two different stints, with short stays in Florida and Minnesota, too. He's been an NHL player or a manager for about 38 of his 58 years.

Now he's keeping a low profile; again, not his style.

Clarke may not be in good spirits, because he's been meaningfully employed for most of his hockey life, but he's in good humour. When asked Fri-day how many points he had in his NHL debut, Clarke didn't have to think long.

"None. I don't think our team scored a goal in our four straight losses to the Blackhawks (1970-71)," said the Hall of Famer, who watched Alex Ovech-kin of the Washington Capitals get two points in his coming-out party, which was no surprise to Clarke.
I say hire Bobby Clarke as GM, let him pick the coach.

mikefavata is offline   Reply With Quote