View Single Post
Old
04-14-2008, 08:45 PM
Happy Girl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
Does anyone else REALLY miss Gary Roberts after watching the game last night? That dude is such a ****ing bad-ass.
He should donate his back to his friend Joe Nieuwendyk. I miss my Joey, especially this time of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint View Post
I would Sean Avery on this team. Watch the way he's screening Brodeur, it's freaking genius.

Oh! GOAL BY AVERY!!!!!! AHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!!!

Edit: Okay, with that being said, I think that a physical pest presence like an Avery or a Jarkko Ruutu would do wonders for this team. I love those kinds of players, they get opponents off their game and make them take stupid penalties.

And Avery CAN put points on the board. I would love if he came here in the summer.
If he's not a distraction in the dressing room - ok. Instigators like Lemieux, Avery, etc... when they are on their game and are on your team - can be a good thing. When they create too many off ice distractions or get sloppy, then no way.

I didn't see the screen on Brodeur so i can't really comment on that. But there are times when I question Campbell and his lack of consistency with the calls. I expressed this when the Zednik injury game was allowed to continue. Stuff like this, IMO, only hurts the league because it places too much of the outcome of games in the hands of the officials. It's the playoffs. let the PLAYERS decide the outcome.

Happy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote