View Single Post
Old
05-13-2004, 09:40 PM
Gags12

vCash: 500
some blue line talk....what to do??

Kim Johnnson's hand is obviously bothering him. Every shot goes over the net or wide, he has no accuracy with the way that hand is. He also "one hands" a lot of passes behind the net and in the corners....clearly trying to protect the hand from being wacked. He was a -2 tonight.
I know we are really banged up on the blue line....and now Ragnarson is injured from blocking a shot with his hand.
Kapanen is serviceable but lacks any kind of shot from the point on the PP and has trouble moving guys from the scoring areas.
Pitkanen is healthy, but he's young and has made rookie mistakes.
BUT, is a healthy Pitkanen better than an injured Johnnson/Ragnarson??? or a healthy Kapanen?
If Ragnarson is ok, I would sit Johnnson and let him rest that hand for a few days...put Pitkanen back in and tell him to start shooting the puck!! We'd still have to leave Kapanen back there though.
I dont know...maybe I'm just reaching here...but I think a healthy Pitkanen on the PP is better than an injured Johnnson at this point. that's providing they could get Pitkanen to shoot the puck though. Johnnson just isn't the same...he looks really bothered with that hand injury.

Also, We could have used Kapanen's energy on offense tonight. Nobody followed when Preems started laying people out. Sami would have LOVED to start throwing his weight around.