Blake
Miller
Norstrom
Boucher
Schneider
Visnovsky
Modry
Karalahti

This was our supposed best defense? Both Lubo and Modry turned into good players but at the beginning of 2000 neither was anything more then a long shot hell you could say Lubo but even he was thought of as a 5-6 d-man at the time. Karalahti (who I liked) was mostly scratched the whole season and we all know his problems. Schneider is a great player. Miller was great for the few games he played this year remember we only got him after the Blake trade. Matty is and was always good. Boucher was NOTHING! He spent most of the year in the IHL and didn't turn into even a marginal NHL player untill the year after.

So in the end we had 4 good players Blake/Miller, Matty, and Schneider and maybe Lubo.

2001-2002
Schneider
Boucher
Miller
Norstrom
Modry
Visnovsky
Lilja

Boucher finnaly turns into a good player as does Modry/Lubo. Hell I think this is our best defense. Or at least it was better then the year before. We even had a All-Star in Modry. And he really did deserve it that year.... Remember how great Miller played that season and how much people were screaming that we had to resign him?

2002-2003
Miller
Norstrom
Modry
Visnovsky
Schneider
Corvo
Lilja
Norton

Same team only that we started to get killed by Injuries. By this time Boucher had been replaced by Lubo. Lilja and Norton had some playing time but mostly were scratched. Schineider got traded which to me was far worse then losing Boucher. Corvo was and is a waste of skin to me and he certianlly does not have the ability to replace Schneider. So yea no question our defense went down.

Never understood the Boucher whining. Who cares about him? Guy had one great year as a Kings player and all of a sudden he was the second coming?

2003-2004
Miller
Norstrom
Modry
Visnovsky
Corvo
Gleason
Norton
Holland

Still geting killed by injuries. Now we lose both Lubo and Miller for most of the season taking out our 2nd and 3rd best d-men. Our kids (Gleason and Greb) are close to being NHL players but not just yet (I think Gleason is ready next year). Norton is even less of a factor this year as he was injuried most of it and scratched the rest. Corvo is still a waste of skin but now he is a BIGGER waste of Skin. Modry was not even close to how he played in his All-Star season. No question we went down this year.... Although thank god for Dempsey he really is a nice player to have.

2004-05
Miller
Norstrom
Dempsey
Visnovsky
Gleason
Corvo
Holland
Greb

If Miller can stay healthy this is a upgraded defense. Dempsey is better then Modry and Gleason should hopefully add some hiting ability to the team. The week link is still Corvo but I am praying to god that Greb or even Holland can just outplay him in training camp. Remember all Corvo can do is shoot the puck and with Lubo, Dempsey, Greb around maybe he will not have a job.