View Single Post
Old
04-18-2008, 10:47 AM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Cheapest tickets are not $45. I pay $46 to sit in the 300s, it's just that ticketmaster screws you in the butt for every ticket you buy. 400s cost $30 a seat for STH, look at the chart below.

Take the $30 and inflate it for 3 years by 3% (average inflation rate) and you get $33 a ticket. If MSG adds more to that, I can't see the cheapest seat going over $40. If every ticket price after the renovations increases by $5, MSG would make $7,462,000 extra per seat for the Rangers and Knicks combined in one season. That plus additional concert revenues (since more artists would probably play the Garden with a revamped arena), plus who knows what else. MSG would make up its costs within a few years.
you are forgetting the fact that since the Rangers have been making the playoffs lately, regular season ticket prices have been going up by more than 3% per year. I remember last year the cheapest tickets were I think $25. If you say they are $30 now, thats a 16% increase over last year. Multiple that by 3 years and you are looking at approximately a $47 ticket as the cheapest...probably more like $50. Add to that the cost of renovations and you are looking at more like $70 for a cheapie.