View Single Post
Old
05-14-2004, 08:24 PM
neelynugs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
Ok. Zubrus is of virtually no interest. He's played seven years in the NHL now and has 91 goals in 539 games. That's pitiful for an "offensive" player. He's hardly useful when he's not scoring either, so he's of no interest.

Kolzig is the main piece coming Ottawa's way. He's a good goalie, but he won't get you anything close to Spezza. Laich doesn't help. I love the guy as a prospect, but he's hardly a difference maker. You could offer me a mid first round pick with this package instead of a 2nd, I wouldn't care.

If Ottawa wants Kolzig, they'll give up a second round pick for him. If that's not good enough, we'll sign Hasek or somebody like that. No need to give up a potential superstar and already a good scoring line player for an aging, expensive, inconsistent netminder.

Absolutely rediculous proposal bottom line.
speaking of ridiculous, that's about how i see your post hossa. zubrus is useless when he's not scoring? wow...i couldn't disagree more. this guy is a heckuva player- great along the boards, big frame, strong skater, smart on the ice, and is beginning to put up some points.

if the sens want kolzig (which they should), they will have to give up:
young player (vermette?), lalime (makes sense to send him the other way), 2nd round pick. that'll get it done. but feel free to sign hasek if you wish...boy would that be a mistake.