View Single Post
Old
05-14-2004, 08:44 PM
DJ Spinoza

vCash: 500
I was writing a recap at another board, it was either TV or 970AM. Anyone know?

Here's my recap, may as well copy it here in case anyone missed the game.

Series over, WE'RE COMING HARTFORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pens with 3-1, my main man Matt Murley puts the icing on the cake with an empty netter. Murley has been a stellar defensive forward and penalty killer in this series.

Whitney had two assists tonight, and played another great game outside of one goof up. Nemec played his second straight game and was very good as well, save for a time in the second where he went loco on a Phantom player. Both of these guys saw and earned good ice time tonight, and both are showing a lot of promise for a good NHL future right now.

Surovy picked up his play tonight too, with the first goal and an assist on the GWG. He hadn't played too well in this series but picked the right time to pick his play up. He will be needed against Hartford.

Chiodo was great tonight, nerves of steel. 71/72 saves over three games, that's good defense + good goaltending there. Chiodo was also the first star tonight. Whitney was the second, and Boileau had the GWG and was the third star.

Hartford is up next, and they are the Rangers AHL team. The one guy to watch is Josef Balej, who has basically been carrying this team offensively. Josef Balej, meet Brooks Orpik. He isn't too great in the AHL as I said above, but just tell him to worry about Balej and keeping it simple. Hartford is not to be taken lightly, they are considered to be one of the top teams in the league, if not the top team.

They finished with more points than us, but we actually have games 1,2, and 5 at home, because I think Grace said there is a circus in Hartford. Hartford has been off for about a week and a half, couple that with a home game and WBS has a formula to come out roaring.

The only negatives in this game are Beech and Endicott, Endicott moreso. First on Beech, I am beginning to agree with Penglose. He needs more intensity. He shows it occasionally but that's about it. Endicott was pretty terrible tonight, for being good all series. He was undisciplined, retaliating to Phantoms cheapshots, and also was poor defensively.

Other than that, some very good things come from this game. As far as I'm concerned, the biggest is two pro rookies with probably not even 1/4th of a pro season between them in Nemec and Whitney really playing well and showing a lot of promise, and why they were our first two draft choices in 2002.

Game 1 against Hartford is Tuesday night.