View Single Post
Old
04-19-2008, 01:02 AM
bipolarhabfan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Just a thread for everyone here doing any of these things. Hopefully some of us can turn to other posters for motivation, success stories, workout plan advice, supplement advice, diet advice, etc.

For me, I'm back to the cutting weight stage. I had gotten out of before.. but then I gained a bunch back working at a Pizza Hut for 10 hours per day.

Anyway, I'm looking to cut about 30-40 pounds, starting Monday. Right now, to start, I'm just planning on improving my diet (No sweets, more protein, less fat intake) to go along with a 1 1/2 hour workout (1 hour lift, 30 min cardio) and see where that gets me after a six week cycle. I'm going to give these a 5-6 month period.

Any tips would be appreciated.

PS. This thread is to help EVERYONE, not just me.
I would personally increase the amount of cardio (45-60) you do and reduce the weights (30-45). Do not neglect the weights, however, as muscle burns more calories than fat. What is key to loosing weight and gaining lean mass is to constantly challenge your body. If you are jogging or riding the stationary bike, for example, do not go at a constant pace. Vary the pace of your run. Go slow for a mile than up the tempo for a half mile, etc. Same goes for the bike.

The most important thing that you can do to reduce your weight is diet. Eat healthier foods, reduce refined sugars, simple carbs, up the amount of fish you eat, and eliminate all alcohol, especially beer. Do not put any foods on a do not eat list as this will only make you obsess over that specific food. You can eat chocolate, for instance, but before you do divide it into a small portions. And, water is key because many times your hunger is not a hunger for food but for water.

bipolarhabfan is online now   Reply With Quote