Finnish Top Prospects ( In Future)
View Single Post
04-20-2008, 05:13 PM
Join Date: Nov 2005
I decided to predict our roster for the next years U18 WJC which are held in Canada. Good thing to waste my time ecpecially now when we are out of the medal games "again".
and i'm also kinda thrilled about our -91 age group.
So here we go.
Teemu Pulkkinen - Mikael Granlund - Toni Rajala
-Runs the powerplay and makes the important goals. Should be Finland's best and most talented line in years.
Erik Haula - Joonas Nättinen - Joni Karjalainen
- Haula & Nättinen worked pretty well together this year and Karjalainen with his scoring abilities should be a good add for the line.
Janne Kumpulainen - Joonas Donskoi - Jere Laaksonen
- Hard working players with lot's of grit and skills.
Moses Mustonen - Petteri Halinen - Valtteri Virkkunen
- Espoo Blues line. Will play the next season together. This also brings more size to the team. Mustonen (188cm) & Halinen (190cm).
Other possibilties: Eetu Koski, Jesse Mankinen Iiro Pakarinen, Jaakko Turtiainen, Tapio Relander, Karri Koivu, Toni Lepaus, Teemu Huhtala, Tim Basili, Joni Pekkanen, Harri Pälve, Aki Juusela, Roope Elonen & Topi Taavitsainen...
Sami Vatanen - Nico Manelius
- Was the best pairing of team Finland this year.
Tommi Kivistö - Risto Mattila
- Two good all around defensemans with some offensive skills.
Rasmus Rissanen - Ville Hyvärinen
- 2 pretty big KalPa defensemans.
Other possibilities: Santeri Palsola, Sami Suorsa, Jere Pulli, Lauri Kärmeniemi, Tony Rae & Riku Väkiparta...
- Will play with the TuTo's A-juniors next season. Probably our starting goalie. Who knows?
- Already was sitting in the IFK mens bench due the IFK goalie situation at the busy time this year. Had very good season in the junior B. Should get games with the A-juniors next season.
Other possibilities: Matti Hakonen, Veli-Heikki Mäenalanen, Erno Suomalainen & Riku Härmä...
There are about 6-7 potential first/second rounders for the 09-10 drafts and i'm only talking about forwards. So offensive game should be a our most dangerous weapon. The defense and goalies doesn't look that bad eather. Only concern is the team overall height/weight and physical play. Lot's of smallish forwards so let's hope they grow a bit and gets more muscle over the summer and next season. Especially now when the games are in Canada and in a smaller rink. The good thing is that there are 7 players that have already experienced this tournament. Never seen that happen in this level in Finland.
I think Finland has the second best team in Europe in this age group after Sweden (which is their best age group since Forsberg and fellows). So right now it looks pretty good for us. Hope they will bring us medal this time. Peace.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by hifk88