View Single Post
Old
05-15-2004, 09:49 PM
deandebean

vCash: 500
Actually, I see Belfour as the 3rd man. Not Luongo.

As for the team's makeup, it's not the most optimal one, but considering the team will be playing on North american ice surfaces, it's ok. I do think than on bigger ice surfaces, guys like Brendan Morrow and Vinny and others would have made it. I mean, the SLC team wasn't made of pluckers like this one; it had talent written all over it. The 98 team had pluckers all over it and it showed.

I personnally would have taken Primeau, but maybe Gretz remembers 98. As for the checking line, it's solid on NA surfaces. It would have been useless on a bigger scale.

In fact, Canada doesn't need a checking line. Canada has to dictate the tempo, not the other way around. Draper is not exactly a tempo dictator. Primeau as a defensive forward would have been magnificient.

Personnally, I love Yzerman, and Lemieux. But both could be left out come August because of "injuries". I can't see Yzerman making it. Sorry. The guy was a warrior, but he ain't the shadow of himself anymore. With quicker teams, he'll have trouble keeping up.