View Single Post
Old
05-16-2004, 10:17 AM
s7ark
TheWorstEver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poutine
See to be honest with you, i actually think currently Pleks has more a trade value compare to skinny ribs, since he still got the potential. If we wait for another year to see how he develops, he might just be another Eric Chouinard. Then we wouldnot be able to get anything for him
Oh I agree. Pleks probably has more trade value, but that serves us just as well. The problem is, he would have to immediately take over Ribeiro's spot, meaning we'd have to get rid of him first. Also, realize that by another year I mean a year in which he probably plays 20-25 games with the Habs before we make a decision. Since he'd probably still rip up the AHL in the meantime, he'd probaby retain quite a bit of value. I just can't see Montreal moving Ribeiro the year after leading the team in scoring, and I'd hate to lose Kasty, Perez, or Higgins if a deal had to be made THIS year/draft (a first line winger, second line winger, and checking line center... all more immediately valuable to the current team than a sub-6', talented, fancy center). Notice I didn't even mention Hainsey and Komi... we'd be ******** to deal any of our defensive prospects, ALMOST regardless of the return.