Thread: Like it or Not
View Single Post
Old
04-22-2008, 02:07 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Personally, I'm hoping for a two-year deal with a team option for a third. Trotz certainly hasn't taken this team past the first round of the playoffs, but he has put them there the past four years straight - a feat only six other teams have accomplished. He has certainly evolved as a coach many times over in the past ten years and has admittedly made mistakes along the way that we all hope he has learned from, but the fact remains that at this point in our franchise history...stability is a good thing and I really believe right now that Barry Trotz and company are the best candidates for the job.

I will not give Barry any leeway for just getting the team to the playoffs anymore, that time has come and now passed...but I'm content with the current direction of the franchise both on and off the ice and believe that these folks have played a major role in setting that course and delivering to this point.

I give him two seasons to show significant progress (ie: advance past the first round of the playoffs, integrate our young players into the lineup, and make our special teams "special") and if he has not met goals at that point, then I look in a new direction.

This season with all the turmoil going on all around them this team battled hard every night...that was not in spite of Trotz, but in fact as a sign of their respect for him and his leadership - among other things.

As NIF said, like it or not...IMO this is a great start to the offseason and continues to show the rest of the league that Nashville is back in business and that the firesale and all the instability caused by it is over. We are open for business!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote