Like it or Not
View Single Post
04-22-2008, 09:35 AM
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Originally Posted by
I'm not suprised. I figured he would sign a new deal. I too am hoping for a 2 year maximum deal, with a third year option. Anything longer is a mistake.
With Trotz and his crew back again, one has to wonder:
1) Will we see the same crappy powerplay....again? Will it ever get past the cross ice pass?
2) Are we doomed to seeing the same passive defensive system, where we let offenses enter our zone with speed, rather than slowing them down/forcing the puck deep at the blueline?
3) Are the Holmstrom's of the league always going to be given the crease for free?
1. Did the powerplay struggle because of scheme or because we had a guy like Rich Peverly on the 5 on 3 who would have scored had he been offensively gifted enough for a one-timer? Was our D not holding the puck in the zone a scheme problem or is that Zidlicky can't play the puck with anything but his stick? To me this is a roster issue.
2. This one I probably agree with, but I think our defense played very well in the playoffs. We may have given up a lot of shots but most were from safe areas on the ice.
3. Was Holmstrom really a factor in the playoff series? I don't have the stats, but I only remember one goal. You can't move guys from the front of the net once they get there given the new rules and why give your goalie more traffice to deal with? I am all for taking the guy out after the initial save so he can't get to the rebound, but I don't think standing there pounding on the guy before he is threat does much good.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by lugnut76