View Single Post
Old
04-22-2008, 11:06 AM
Moester

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor House View Post
I blame the Police on this one- they know of these anarchist types and do nothing about them. Every time Montreal hosts a high level conference they come out.
I'm sorry, but this is Guerilla type of warfare. Strike when the cops are weak, there are lots of cover available i.e. crowds and fade away. They didn't target any rioters and used the fact that they were dressed normally to have the crowd on their side. Had they been dressed in regular "anarchist uniforms" of black jumpsuits the crowd could have spotted them as troublemakers and have stopped them.

The fact of the matter is that even if the police knows what is being planned, they can't do anything until it is actually done, and they can't actually monitor the anarchist groups unless there is probably cause, after all anarchism even though is prone to violence is a valid political belief protected by the bill or rights.

The police unfortunately are a largely reactive force, kinda like the fire department. 99% of the time police can't prevent crimes, only react to them and punish the offenders. Police presence is a deterrent to large numbers, but organized groups who have violence and destructions as their ends are notoriously difficult to stop.

Personally I'd rather have my rights protected and see police vehicles burn, than have pretty cop cars all over the streets and absolutely no rights.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote