View Single Post
Old
04-22-2008, 10:24 AM
HabsKraut

vCash: 500
I did exactly that during the riots in 93: me and a friend (Montreal native) were celebrating the victory with the crowd downtown. Walked down St. Catherine all the way from St. Laurant to the Forum. Everything peaceful until we came to the Forum where suddenly people started to riot. We ended up right in the middle of everything. People started looting shops across from the Forum and me and my friend tried to stop them. I guess if we hadn't been that drunk we wouldn't have dared ... but we were pretty drunk. Anyway, nobody cared about what we tried to do. Policemen in riot gear were standing by, dozens of them only 100 mtrs away. I approached them, pointed out towards certain people who I had seen carry all kinds of stuff away from the shops. The policemen didn't move. I got angry because of that until they threatened to arrest me! Then I went back to try to stop the looters personally when suddenly one of them pulled something out of his jacket. My friend just screamed that it was a gun and we ran as fast as we could. I still don't know if it was a gun or not but it scared the sh... out of me.
So you better be careful thinking about self justice.
Had a great night anyway ... as far as I remember after all those beers...

HabsKraut is offline   Reply With Quote