View Single Post
Old
04-23-2008, 12:17 PM
Haddock

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I was in the Saguenay the last few days and watched G7 in a hotel bar amisdt a raucous crowd.

During the handshake, I noticed Koivu and Savard having a conversation. Earlier in the year, I noticed Koivu before a faceoff, chatting with him. The 1st time, I though it might be some bad blood as Savard gave Saku a concussion, 3,4 years ago, and Koivu went back after him. They appeared friendly though. Is there any story here, these guys know each other from somewhere ?

I noted Koivu speaking with Thomas. Thomas played for years in Finland, and Koivu's family is, I believe active in Finnish hockey aren't they ? Just curious, they seemed acquainted.

I was curious to see if Lucic and Komisarek would have much to say to each other, but I never saw them on camera, anyone else ?
Oddly enough, I only have answers for the Komisarek one. He and Lucic exchange a few good words and Komi later said that they're now expecting to go head to head for the next ten years or so and they both know that the other will never back down. Lots of respect between the two.

Now someone needs to tell us about Saku's moments!

Haddock is offline   Reply With Quote