View Single Post
Old
04-23-2008, 01:01 PM
superstar436

vCash: 500
Hockey related technical question

I have been one of these guys that have been questionning Guy carbonneau use of some wingers poistioning. These are A koty, S kosty, latendresse, and Ryder. To me Latendresse and A kosty are more comfortable on RW but they are used on the left. s kosty plays both depending on who the other winger is, but most of the time he has been playing RW. Ryder who is the only RH shooter on the top 6 has been playing RW since he stopped playing with ribs. He WAS good on both, but I prefered him on the LW because his strength is the one timer or just his quick wrister which would give him more advantage if he played LW.

My question is are there or what are the advantages defensively and offensively in all 3 zones of any hockey player player on the opposite wing. (One of the most obvious is the shot angle in the offensive zone)The reason why I ask this is that dany Dube said that it is much safer defensively for a LH shooter to play LW and I did not grasp that. Could it be that this is the reason why Carbo has been using these guys at there current position because we all know that Tender and A kosty played most of their pre-nhl careers on the RW.

superstar436 is offline   Reply With Quote