View Single Post
Old
05-17-2004, 09:42 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Yann Danis, although I have Hainsey right there, but his lack of progression is becoming a major concern for me. From what I saw of him this year, he didn't look anything close to being NHL ready although he did have a good 1st round in the playoffs (5 points).

Danis took an average Brown team to the top of the ECAC and one of the better seasons in team history. His coach had a ton of good things to say about him and how good he was at Brown. He put up numbers similar to Coyotes prospect David LeNeveu who had a much much better team and an especially a much better defense in front of him. Higgins was the 2003 ECAC player of the Year, Danis the 2004 ECAC player of the year, although Higgins was only a sophomore and Danis a senior, still shows that he's one of the better players in the NCAA this year. The only thing against him is his age, as he's 22 so he won't be a prospect for very long.
I don't agree on the age factor. First of all, he's a goalie... You can take a little bit more time. Also, we've seen so many times that a player could turn into something special even if it takes a lot of time. Especially for goalies.

However, I voted for the guy. He has a tremendous upside. Even Bob Gainey talked about him not so long ago. Everyone in the organisation think they have a good one in him.