View Single Post
Old
05-17-2004, 11:52 AM
Street Hawk

vCash: 500
Money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Other Dave
Bonk is not likely to leave Ottawa for picks, nor does New York have the kind of player Ottawa would need in return.
Remember, the Sens picked up the final 3 years of de Vries contract for roughly 3 million per season. So, that money has to come from somewhere. Not to mention they need to reup with Havlat and probably are in the market to upgrade in nets. Could cost more for a goalie, but could find a gem with a younger cheaper guy.

But, I am pretty confident that a LOT of the RFA will not receive a QO. I think that GMs will see the light and realize that if a player isn't worth the money, then let him walk. Each player is different, but if some guys are not willing to take less money than let them walk. I still believe that there will be very limited movement in the summer for a lot of the teams. No big money players moving too quickly, but a lot of the 3rd liners who make more than they are worth, like a Manny Malhottra making 1.6 million, who shouldn't be qualified at that amount will be signed for under 1 million as an example.