View Single Post
Old
04-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Moester

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Moester Send a message via MSN to Moester
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Using this as a criteria, then 80% of our team mentally checked out against Boston. I thought Ryder was about average. He was shooting the puck and setup some good chances. He was even using the body once in awhile. All in all, he was certainly better and a bigger threat than Dandenault.

Dandenault has been mentally checked out the last two seasons and has been pretty much useless. Don't forget Mr. Experience was -11 this season.
I wouldn't say that, Ryder was in a class by himself when it comes to making bad plays. I expected him to come with a full head of steam and barely gave any effort. Sure he hit and passed, but he made some horrible decisions, and never once did he create a chance, or stage a breakout. He made some timely passes, but they were always a result of someone else's efforts. I've been a Ryder supporter all year, but now, I've run out of excuses for him. Ryder is still a good hockey player in my book, but he seems to lack the willingness to be in a Habs uniform.

Dandy might be -11, but that's not where his contributions end. He's solid two way, and while you might think that hits = forecheck, I think that his speed and the fact that he can in the zone quickly while being an offensive threat. I think that his -11 is him having trouble picking his moments and causing turnovers; lets not forget that he also had one really rough patch where he accumulated most of this -11. He was much better in the second half of the season where he played only once in a while and kept his minutes low. I like the fact that he has breakout potential, a decent pass, can do a timely hit and has lots of speed. Used correctly Dandy is a good player. A lot like Brisebois in a lot of ways.

Moester is offline   Reply With Quote