View Single Post
Old
04-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipp18 View Post
Lapierre- Streit- Dandy line contributed with one goal in game 7, arguably the goal that really gave us the confidence we needed to finish off Boston.
Sorry to pick nits, but Dandenault wasn't on the ice for that goal. It was Kovy to Lappy to Streit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
You don't tinker with lines if you are winning.
Not to take away from the glorious last game, but it just took the Habs 7 games to finish off an obviously inferior opponent. I don't think that kind of success makes the lineup untouchable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaHabs View Post
Plus Lapierre's line is the "shutdown" line.
Montreal is rolling with 2 offensive line, 1 shutdown, 1 energy.
Of those, Lapierre's line would be the "energy line." I prefer to call it the rookie and special team player's line. They have not been playing the shutdown role against the opposition's best at any time this season. Against the Bruins, they played against the Reichs and Nokelainens of the team, and still got outshot. Against the Flyers, I expect them to play against the Thoreson-Dowd-Downie line.

I really like Lapierre, I think he adds an element to the Habs that we wouldn't have otherwise. Streit obviously needs to be in the lineup, because of his PP skills. Dandenault is replaceable. I would welcome Ryder or Grabovsky back, to boost our soft minutes offence.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote