View Single Post
Old
04-24-2008, 04:50 PM
Lord Horse
Next Day's News

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Yes, clearly Ryder (with his natural instincts and gifted ability to score) should be in but Carbo doesn't appear to make rational decisions when it comes to certain players. Either Carbo has a personal hate for the guy or he's taking the Montreal media too seriously, a media like RDS which obviously hates Ryder.

What Ryder needs now more than anything is a coach that believes in and supports him, not a coach who turns his back on him. Carbo wanted Ryder to become more defensively reliable and that he did...And one would think that Carbo is intelligent enough to realise if you're expecting an offensive player to make major adjustments to a defensive style of game then that player's offensive game is going to be adversely affected. Ryder is not exactly stinking it up over the last couple of months...I hear tons of people (both Montreal and non-Montreal fans alike) repeating this same sentiment every day.

I really don't know why or what the motives are, but Carbo is simply not being fair to Ryder...A guy who's done everything asked of him, who works hard, who's a team player, who's very well liked by his teammates and yet still takes all the blame for the team's failures...A guy with a great natural ability to score, but a guy who's confidence is at an all time low because of the treatment by the coach...It's time for Carbo to realise and accept responsibility for the way he has treated Ryder and to put this childlishness behind him, and thus place Ryder back in the lineup and tell him that he will stay unless it's very obvious that he's not giving the work ethic, and I'm willing to bet that we will see significant improvement in his game...Ryder needs a vote of confidence and he needs it bad...
If we were losing, you might have a point. Calling the coach childish is really dumb though, if you don't mind me saying so. Or if you do, I don't care either way. But results are good, and Ryder is not scoring, so.... tough luck for #73.

Lord Horse is offline   Reply With Quote