GAME TAKES: Mtl 4 Phi: 3 OT - Habs lead series 1-0
View Single Post
04-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Join Date: Nov 2002
Sometimes, you can just sense something special is happening with this team.
And tonight seems to just continue that feeling.
- They totally pulled that win out of the fire. Nothing good was going on, then Richards goes for a stupid check, but we blow the first half of the PP. It looked bleak. Carter breaks his stick (ghosts anyone?), Koivu wins the draw and Kovy with a bouncing puck goes glove side on Biron to tie it. I hate to use words like ''destiny'' and ''magic'' and ''meant to be'' in round 2...but this is not some ordinary playoff run...
- Another SOLID night of work from Begin-Smolinski-Kostopoulos and they get rewarded with the winner.
- How demoralizing is that for Philly? 2-0 and 3-2 leads blown. Can they recover?
- He had another mediocre (at best) game, but Markov made the key play on the OT winner.
- The Kosty bros looked good for a 2nd straight game.
- Komisarek, use your brain man. Two bad penalties.
- Not sure what Carbo does with his top 2 lines next game. Higgins-Koivu-Kovalev never seemed to get it going tonight. The K brothers together just works.
- How many more weird goals can you get in one game?
- Please bench Dandenault. He just brings that line down because he doesn't do much of anything. Streit-Lapierre-Ryder or Latendresse-Lapierre-Streit PLEASE. At least those combinations have 2 guys who can create offence.
- Price wasn't at his best tonight, that 3rd goal could have been a killer.
- All in all, this wasn't good enough. We need to be MUCH better. I expect this will actually look like a playoff game Saturday.
- There was much more room in the defensive zone than against Boston. That's good for us.
- Higgins just said on the radio ''it was a calm feeling on the bench, we knew we were going to tie it.'' This team is confident right now!
Marc the Habs Fan
View Public Profile
Marc the Habs Fan's albums
Find More Posts by Marc the Habs Fan