View Single Post
Old
05-17-2004, 10:06 PM
Prucha73

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
Really like Picard, really not crazy about Wolski.

Picard is the first player from the Q I've really been impressed with in the last several years. His play could transition to any other junior league in Canada. He has nice size and he works hard and has a good set of skills. He'll probably fill into the 6'1-6'2 200 pound range. I like his ability to work the corners and pay the price. You don't see enough of that this year, players willing to do WHATEVER it takes to win. I see that in Picard and I like it a lot. I think he is getting very overlooked in this draft. Him and Ladd have to be my two personal favorites because they represent everything I want my players to have when I'm building a team.

Wolski on the other had represents an all too familiar pattern amongst this years draft crop. He's a big kid with an awesome set of skills but on so many nights he is invisible. He just decides by the second period whether or not the game is winable and then he switches to power saver mode. I wanna see the kid show some jam out there. Not drop the gloves, beat someone to death jam but rather a williness to check, a willingness to go where he has to and a willingness to get the points that don't always come pretty. He's a good kid but he's so laid back it comes through in his game, I just don't see that killer instinct that says "I want to be better and I want to win".

Even despite my feelings for Radulov and Schremp I can at least say that I know they "want to win", I just don't get that feeling with Wolski.
I think I read in an interview at http://hockeysfuture.com/nhlentrydraft.php (which fir some reason isn't there now now) and basically Wolski was playing hurt with a separated shoulder I think for big portion of the season. Maybe that explains why he wasn't involved physically much.