View Single Post
Old
04-25-2008, 02:53 PM
guest1467

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingDinger View Post
He has really come on in the last year. He has really good size (6'3) and seems to rise to the occasion in the biggest games. Is a bit cocky at times, but I don't see that as a bad thing in a goalie usually. I have seen him play a couple times last year and 20-25 times this year, and he has improved a lot. He has said many times that backing up Carey Price was a huge help in his development, especially in being in position for the second and third shots and having the right angles. Ollie Kolzig has worked with him in the off season as well. But I have really been immpressed with him in this Spokane series. For the first time all year, at least in the first 3 games, the ams were outshot and out worked while Spokane took it to the ams and Pickard was the difference. I would think he could go anywhere from 15-25 on draft day. He is the number one North American goalie right now so I don't see how he is doing anything but helping his draft stock in the playoffs. I've seen them all come through T.C. and he's right on par with Kolzig and Price and ahead of Brian Boucher and Steve Passmore.
This is what a poster said about Pickard on the dub board.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote