Thread: American anthem
View Single Post
Old
04-25-2008, 01:58 PM
facts

vCash: 500
it says it all when you have to be reminded no to boo the american anthem. As a canadian and Flyers fan to boot I was actually suprised at the attitude of the habs fans, but again they are excited and it is a patriotic thing I guess so I would go with the Canada against the US thing.
I think the habs are the yankees of hockey; there is no in between love or hate and that is the ultimate sign of respect me I am a hater I guess but mostly because of respect. I think that the ole ole spouts more arrogance than anything and I laugh at the crowd as that is about as traditional as sushi at the rink.
the two things that I found interesting during the anthems was that they only focused on Smolinski an American "mouthing" the words during the Canadian Anthem and only paused on Mr. Beliveu (sp) during the US anthem in hopes of leaving a postive impression because in my opinion he does nothing less than oose with class.
And finally whether it is pouring beer on players or booing or singing songs it is a freedom of choice that we were granted by the efforts of the two respected countries so it should be remember. Booing an anthem is classless, maybe they should start playing the russian anthem in Montreal for that matter.

facts is offline   Reply With Quote