View Single Post
Old
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BintZ View Post
6 threads might not be a lot about Price, Kovalev or Koivu but Brisebois?

6 threads about a guy who played 43 games, blocked 40 shots and commited 37 giveaways compared to 15 takeaways?

I understand that you like Brisebois and I have no problem with that. It just seems that you're almost trying to hide reality from people by pointing out the smallest and most insignificant little things he does to help out.

Before the season started I was very excited by the Smolinski signing. I could remember watching him play and thinking that he would be a perfect fit for the Habs' center troubles. As the season progress I noticed that Smoke's production and skill had dropped off quite a bit but I didn't go out and make a thread every time Smolinski won a face or high-fived a teammate because these are things I expect him to do as a member of the team. Now that Smoke is doing well, I couldn't be happier.
40 blocked shots is pretty decent for a guy who doesn't PK.

And only 2 of those 6 threads had anything to do with his play, so I really don't see the problem. That's 1 thread every 6 months about his play (and technically one was just because I missed a game). So I only made one thread where I said he should be in the lineup over someone and that was in December.

And don't worry, I had you covered for the thread on Smoke's face-off wins. .

This again, wasn't supposed to be focused on Brisebois, but at being a tightly knit team and keeping Halak (along others) feeling like part of the team. I'm sorry you can't see it that way and just see this as a place for me to give Breezer a verbal *******. It wasn't meant that way.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote