View Single Post
Old
04-25-2008, 05:38 PM
Souffle
A soupÁon of nutmeg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
In the course of an NHL season, referees probably make thousands of calls that could have gone either way. The Flyer fans don't complain when their players get the breaks. We can't let them officiate, so let's ignore what they say. They can say whatever they want on their forum, as do the Bruins fans on theirs.
I agree. I get very mad (in a hockey fan way) when the refs make those borderline calls against the Habs, especially when it costs them. Like the interference penalty on Komisarek when Upshall flailed his arms and stick trying to climb over him. I felt that it was a bad call, theatrically contrived by Upshall, but I knew also that it was just one of those borderliners.

So, in a like way, I felt that the Kovalev call was a good one -- an especially fortuitous one -- but I still knew that it was the kind of borderliner that would have angered me had it been made against the Habs at that particular point in the game. Sometimes it just has to be acknowledged that your team got a good break.

Souffle is offline   Reply With Quote