View Single Post
Old
04-25-2008, 07:52 PM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrHockeyFan View Post
First of all the puck was not kicked in by a skate. It went off the shin pad

Secondly, such a goal is legal, provided that it merely deflected off the player and was not "directed, batted, or thrown into the net by an attacking player other than with a stick" Rule 78.5 article (i)

So if it deflected off the shin purely by deflection the goal is good. If the player moves a part of his body (instead of using the stick) to direct the puck in the net, it is not good. In the opinion of the goal judge the player did not move his shin pad to direct the puck in the net.

I think the player held his leg in position to make contact. How that is interpreted in 78.5 I do not know.
You're the only guy who has even acknowledged this.

This is the only replay I was able to find:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drlS3PgCrB0

It occurs at 2:18, but it isn't the best replay. This replay does clearly show that Lupul moved his leg to intentionally direct it in. The only question is did it go off his shinpad?

If it did, NO GOAL. He didn't touch it with his stick after either.

How come we are the only people to see this?? I'm not complaining because we won the game, I just want to get this straight. I'm confused right now why this goal counted. I don't understand how 97 people think it was an accident. Clearly it wasn't. Great play by Lupul either way, but I just want to get this right.

tinyzombies is offline   Reply With Quote