View Single Post
Old
04-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Teufelsdreck

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
'Cause not so long ago, we called "stacked" in goal having Huet, Aebischer, Price, Halak, Danis, and Lacasse.

Now, while Lacasse is still under contract, he shouldn't be considered as a potential anymore, or so I think, we have out of that list, Price and Halak, while we don't know how the Desjardins situation will be handled.

With Price being the #1 goalie for a long time, or so we think, Danis will certainly want to try his luck elsewhere. Desjardins might only have the potential to be a AHL'er and Halak might want to be move in 1, 2 or 3 years. So since it might take 4 years for a goalie to develop, he might be ready just as Halak might want to leave. I know that you could always go UFA or trade but it might tough to get a quality goalie that way.

And then you never know what might happen to Price. As much depth as you have at every postiion, the better you are. I understand it should not be our focus, since we have other needs but it should be addressed.
I think Halak will leave if he isn't traded. He thinks he's too good to play no more than 20 games and see no playoff action. Danis wouldn't mind that arrangement.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote