04-26-2008, 10:27 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superstar436 View Post
will yemelin play for russia in that tournament in Q starting 2morrow

would be a great test for him
I assume you mean the WC's, and no he won't be playing for them as he wasn't even named to the prelim roster after making the team last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I wonder if Brunnstrom is overage for the draft too.

I know after Streit that Put a limit on age but don't know at what it is. Junior age maximum, 20 years old?
Brunnstrom is a UFA, the changed the rule in the new cba, so now it's junior age, forget if it's 21 or 20 but either way Brunnstrom is no doubt a UFA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLR View Post
Contrary to many, I see this as a priority, it's our position that is most in needs. Sure we want a big, fast, talented center with character, trouble is he doesnt exist in this draft.
Goalies certinaly are a big priority imo, but not just at the draft, we need a good #3 goalie this summer, I'd say it's a major priority for Gainey to address. As for the draft, I expect us to land a goalie if Timmins is able to get one he likes at the right time. I'd rather see us get a good #3 this summer then draft a goalie but I could see us ending up doing both. Personally I'd like to see them sign a good ahl vet to be a starter in hamilton and give us depth in case of a price/halak injury next year and I'd like to see us invite a chl overager or ncaa fa to camp to push Desjardins (as I assume he will be signed this summer) that way if it works out, you have price/halak in the nhl, vet ahl starter/desjardins in the ahl and then a signed goalie to be the starter in the echl and lacasse can be the backup. Then grab a goalie at the draft if the situation is right.

Last edited by montreal: 04-26-2008 at 10:39 AM.
montreal is offline   Reply With Quote